Course Description, Learning Outcomes, and Course Requirements
Essential Pool Construction
In this information-rich course, students work through 22 modules of online, on-demand lecture and instruction, carefully examining the key elements of swimming pool construction with a focus on how basic engineering directly determines construction methods and details.
Section One defines basic engineering, Section Two describes key construction phases including layout, forming, utilities, safety barriers, shotcrete, waterproofing, tile and coping, all with an eye toward exceeding standards and best practices. The program concludes with Section Three, in-depth examinations of concrete decking, plaster science and start-up methods.
- Define engineering disciplines: geotechnical, hydraulic, structural and electrical.
- Examine project layout, form design/construction, shotcrete application and waterproofing measures.
- Identify artisan points: tile and coping, decking, plaster preparations, cementitious finishes, materials science.
- Discuss start-up procedures, punch-list execution and project conclusion/hand over.
- After submitting payment for this course, you should have been directed to a shipping and student information form. If you were not presented with this form or did not complete it, please fill it out HERE.
- Upon confirmation of your shipping information, Watershape University will send you a hard copy of the Essential Pool Construction manual.
- Individual chapters of the manual are also available as PDF downloads as part of each module.
- Read all twenty-two (22) chapters of the Essential Pool Construction Manual
- View all recorded lecture sections of each of the twenty-two modules
- Successfully pass each post-module review quiz
CODE OF CONDUCT
- Presentations, books, manuals, handouts, projects, exams and evaluations are copyright protected by Watershape University and/or the instructor and shall not be reproduced in any form. Photos, videos, and audio recordings of presentations are not allowed.
- No part of any Watershape University presentation or publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, video, audio, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without prior written permission, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law.
- Evaluation forms are required from each student for all classes. The evaluations help guide the continuous improvement of our programs and instructors.